This course is designed to teach safe working practice to drivers moving vehicles in and around confined spaces, transport yards and onto loading bays.
The course aims to improve existing driving standards and teach new driving techniques on the safe movement of vehicles within a transport environment.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate safe working practices in the following key areas:
• Vehicle familiarisation and pre use inspections.
• Correct coupling and uncoupling of articulated vehicles.
• Practice maneuvering the vehicles onto loading bays or garages.
• Safe parking procedures.
• Health and safety.
• Final practical assessment.
Who should attend?
Shunting staff – participants on this course must at least hold a category B driving licence.
All participants will be expected to demonstrate their understanding by continuous assessment during the course.
1 day per course*.
Maximum 3 per course.
Please provide suitable training room and vehicle(s) for practical session.
On completion of this course a certificate of attendance will be issued.
Price on application
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
• Value for money – significant savings for members on the price of our public courses.
• Convenience – on-site training eliminates the need for expenditure and time allowances for staff travel
.• Consistency – FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure standardised delivery across Ireland – crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting excellence
.• Flexibility – through an element of content control increases relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies, and the option to bespoke training to match your business objectives.
• High standards – with our expert trainers using their wealth of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and requirements.
*A person will only be deemed to be eligible for a refresher course if they have worked as a shunter driver within the last 18 months. Otherwise we would recommend they complete a novice course.
It the assessor deems any person on the training requires additional tuition before completing the course he will notify the company at the earliest opportunity.