This course is designed to teach safe working practice to drivers moving vehicles in and around confined spaces, transport yards and onto loading bays.
Following this training participants should have:
The course aims to improve existing driving standards and teach new driving techniques on the safe movement of vehicles within a transport environment.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate safe working practices in the following key areas.
• Vehicle familiarisation and pre use inspections
• Correct coupling and uncoupling of articulated vehicles
• Practice maneuvering the vehicles onto loading bays or garages.
• Safe parking procedures
• Health and safety.
• Final practical assessment
Who should attend?
Shunting staff – participants on this course must at least hold a category B driving licence.
All participants will be expected to demonstrate their understanding by continuous assessment during the course.
2 days per course*.
Maximum 3 per course.
Please provide suitable training room and vehicle(s) for practical session.
On completion of this course a certificate of attendance will be issued.
Price on application
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
• Value for money – significant savings for members on the price of our public courses.
• Convenience – on-site training eliminates the need for expenditure and time allowances for staff travel
• Consistency – FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure standardised delivery across Ireland – crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting excellence
• Flexibility – through an element of content control increases relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies, and the option to bespoke training to match your business objectives.
• High standards – with our expert trainers using their wealth of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and requirements.
*It the assessor deems any person on the training requires additional tuition before completing the course he will notify the company at the earliest opportunity
Tel: 01 8447516/086 4133507
or email firstname.lastname@example.org