To train candidates in the safe use of specific tail lifts. On completion of training the trainee will be expected to have attained operating skills that comply with relevant laws.
The course covers the following topics.
- Relevant laws governing the safe use of tail lifts.
- Understanding of the manufacturer’s operating instructions for the type of tail lifts used.
- Pre-use safety checks and defect reporting.
- Correct opening and stow away of tail lift (including all safety items) – practical demonstration.
- Manual handling hazards associated with using a tail lift, equipment and environment.
- Position of the operator while using the tail lift – solo and multiple operators.
- Parking and vehicle position.
- Risks of falls to operator, goods and third parties.
Who should attend?
- Drivers and loaders.
All participants will be expected to demonstrate their understanding by continuous assessment during the course.
2.5 hours per course.
Maximum 10 people per course.
Please provide suitable training room and vehicle(s) for practical session.
- On completion of this course a certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
Value for money
Significant savings for members on the price of our public courses.
On-site training eliminates the need for expenditure and time allowances for staff travel.
FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure standardized delivery across Ireland – crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting excellence.
Through an element of content control increases relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies, and the option to bespoke training to match your business objectives.
With our expert trainers using their wealth of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and requirements.