Unsecured or inadequately secured loads can shift when a vehicle is in motion and may cause:
• Loss of control of vehicle.
• Objects to fall on or hit people.
• Road obstruction or collision where a driver is required to swerve to avoid fallen items.
• Spillages that may cause vehicles to lose control.
• Failure to secure loads properly may also result in financial losses due to damaged goods and vehicles, lost working
time, clean-up costs and possible legal costs.
This course is practical and classroom-based. It is aimed at
drivers and loaders of goods vehicles. It provides participants
with the knowledge and skills to deal with basic load
configurations in a safe and efficient manner.
• Principles of safe loading and unloading
• Principals to consider when securing a load
• Company Responsibility and Driver Responsibility
• Health and Safety
• Types of restraints
• Types of load
• Problems arising from poor load securing
• Weight distribution and the impact it has on a load
• Practical demonstration of correct use of ratchet/lashing
straps (classroom based and external at vehicle).
Who should attend?
• Loading/unloading operatives such as warehouse and yard
• Those responsible for raising and maintaining health and
safety standards across a team of professional drivers
All participants will be expected to demonstrate their
understanding by continuous assessment during the course.
3.5 hours (classroom and practical).
Maximum 16 per course.
Training to be delivered on client site where the practical
element can incorporate the correct securing of a typical load
for your operation (a loaded trailer/vehicle would need to be
made available to demonstrate safe load securing discussed
in the classroom). Please provide suitable training room and
vehicle(s) for practical session.
On completion of this course a certificate of attendance will be
issued to all participants.
Price on application
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
• Value for money – significant savings for members on the
price of our public courses.
• Convenience – on-site training eliminates the need for
expenditure and time allowances for staff travel.
• Consistency – FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA)
processes ensure standardised delivery across Ireland –
crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting
• Flexibility – through an element of content control increases
relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies,
and the option to bespoke training to match your business
• High standards – with our expert trainers using their wealth
of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and
Tel: 01 8447516/086 4133507
or email email@example.com