To provide participants with the information and training necessary to be competent in Manual Handling, in order to avoid injury to themselves and to others.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Define Manual Handling.
• State relevant Irish and EU Legislation.
• Describe the basic Anatomy of the Spine.
• Utilise correctly the 8 Principles of Safe Lifting.
• Manual Handling Legislation – as it applies to the employer and employee.
• Dangers and harm caused by careless/unskilled methods of manual handling.
• Principles of levers and laws of motion.
• Anatomy of the spine and muscular system.
• How to handle loads safely.
• Practice in safe handling of loads.
Who should attend?
Employees and managers from all types of companies and employment sectors. If the safety statement of a company identifies manual handling as a hazard, manual handling training is required to reduce the risk of injury.
All participants will be expected to demonstrate their understanding by continuous assessment during the course.
3.5 hours per course.
Maximum 12 people per course.
A training room with material aids used on site to avoid manual handling.
To receive certification for Manual Handling all participants must successfully complete a theory quiz and a practical lifting assessment. The certification is valid for 3 years from the date of training.
Price on application
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
• Value for money – significant savings for members on the price of our public courses.
• Convenience – on-site training eliminates the need for expenditure and time allowances for staff travel
• Consistency – FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure standardised delivery across Ireland – crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting excellence
• Flexibility – through an element of content control increases relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies, and the option to bespoke training to match your business objectives.
• High standards – with our expert trainers using their wealth of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and requirements.
Tel: 01 8447516/086 4133507
or email email@example.com