This training course is designed to help managers, supervisors and administrative staff understand the driving and working time rules that govern commercial/passenger vehicle drivers. It explains the rules regarding driving time, break and rest periods
Following this training participants should have:
• increased confidence when having complex discussions with drivers and/or managers relating to drivers’ hours rules;
• peace of mind that you are operating legally;
• knowledge about where to find the answers to complex issues or operational anomalies;
Following this training participants should be able to :
• Legislation on EU Drivers’ Hours
• Working Time Regulations
• Road Traffic Act
• Employer and driver obligations
• Written records for drivers exempt from EU Rules
• Best practice for monitoring compliance
• Analysis and problem solving
• Management of analogue and digital tachograph
• Practical demonstration using tachograph simulator unit
• Latest technology using turning point to create an interactive training course.
Who should attend?
• Anyone who wishes to learn about drivers’ hours rules and the relationship with working time regulations.
• Those who are committing to their continued professional development as a transport professional.
• Candidates preparing for a full Transport Manager CPC – primer course.
All participants will be expected to demonstrate their understanding by continuous assessment during the course.
1 day per course.
Maximum 16 per course.
A knowledge of road transport operations with an emphasis on driver hours and the working time directive
On completion of this course a certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
Price on application
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
• Value for money – significant savings for members on the price of our public courses.
• Convenience – on-site training eliminates the need for expenditure and time allowances for staff travel
.• Consistency – FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure standardised delivery across Ireland – crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting excellence
.• Flexibility – through an element of content control increases relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies, and the option to bespoke training to match your business objectives.
• High standards – with our expert trainers using their wealth of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and requirements.
Tel: 01 8447516/086 4133507
or email email@example.com