Job Title: Vehicle Inspection Engineer/Area Engineer
Department: Vehicle Inspection Service
Reporting to: Regional Operations Manager
We are currently looking to recruit a Vehicle Inspection Engineer.
FTA Ireland in conjunction with Logistics UK pride ourselves on having a department of expert Vehicle Inspection Engineers to advise our members and provide expert independent commercial vehicle roadworthiness inspections. Our Vehicle Inspection Engineers are responsible for carrying out audits and maintenance inspections of vehicles, ancillary equipment and administration systems. Providing expert knowledge to our members, advising them of industry changes, vehicle improvements and compliance.
The role requires flexibility from the successful applicant and an understanding that it does involve regular travel and occasional overnight stays to ensure all work is completed.
• To support planning and organisation of all work allocated including contact with members.
• To work safely, following all of FTA Ireland/Logistics UK’s laid down procedures.
• To ensure that the high standards and quality of work set by FTA Ireland/ Logistics UK are achieved at all
• To complete all allocated tasks within timescales required and maintain productivity targets.
• To ensure that all documentation and reports are accurately completed.
• To ensure that FTA Ireland/Logistics UK’s electronic systems and laptop information is securely protected, and
that all of that information is consistently transmitted to Head Office
• To actively engage with customers, providing cost effective and practicable solutions if required.
• To attend training sessions and meetings as directed.
• To assist the Regional Operations Manager in other duties, as requested
• Demonstrate the FTA Ireland/Logistics UK’s core values (Excellence, Dynamism, Togetherness, Reputation)
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
• Fully trained HGV, PSV or MHE Engineers, as appropriate, with relevant technical qualifications.
• Minimum required qualification C&G Motor Vehicle Craft Studies Heavy Vehicle, Motor Vehicle Technicians
Heavy Vehicle or (S)NVQ level 2 in HGV, PSV or Heavy Plant. We may also consider candidates with a
minimum demonstrable 3 years HGV/PSV workshop experience and current car licence with minimal points.
• 3 Years previous experience inspecting the specific vehicle type is required in order to meet IRTEC
• An occupational driving licence “C (HGV)” and “D (PSV)” is a requirement as road testing a vehicle is part of
• Good IT proficiency and ability to pick up new systems.
• Highly motivated with the ability to work independently.
• Good organisational and communication skills.
• A good understanding of the challenges of working in the field.
• Membership of a relevant professional body is desirable
• Good working knowledge of HGV/PSV testing standards.
If you would like to read more about FTA Ireland/Logistics UK, learn about our extensive Benefits or Learning & Development opportunities, please visit our Careers Website.
You may be required to perform other duties commensurate with your role/level.
Your offer letter and/or terms and conditions state the location to which you are first appointed. Please be aware you may be transferred to work at or be required to travel to other offices/locations as appropriate.
Any FTA Ireland/Logistics UK data and information, other than that contained in authorised and publicly available documents must be kept confidential. It must not be shared with any other party without prior written consent. It is your responsibility to notify FTA Ireland/Logistics UK where you feel that confidentiality/impartiality has or may be compromised.
It is the responsibility of all employees to ensure that they are working in accordance with the data protection
principles, and this means following all relevant company policies and procedures with regards to data security and the processing of personal data.
Health & Safety
Logistics UK expects all staff to maintain a positive attitude to health and safety in carrying out all responsibilities and to cooperate with the Health & Safety Policy and Codes of Practice relating to Health & Safety.
FTA Ireland and Logistics UK is committed to providing a non-discriminatory and harassment free working environmentfor all its employees.
It is essential to provide the highest standard of service at all times when dealing with members and colleagues.
To apply please contact Kathryn Kennedy on 087 7971542 / email@example.com.