This two-day training explains the challenges, how to set science-based targets in line with Ireland’s carbon budgets and most importantly how to reduce fuel use, cost and emissions with the vehicles you have now.
This training course will equip Transport Managers with the skills and tools to review the efficiency of their truck fleet, and to introduce a fuel management program that can potentially save 5% of fuel use in year 1. The course covers the five pillars of truck fleet efficiency: fuel management, driver and staff skills, vehicles and maintenance, performance monitoring and information technology.
There are six training modules in total, each lasting seven hours, with additional reading material to cover specific areas.
• Workbook for each step supplied as a single Excel
• Surveys will be online with results shared anonymously on
the spot (slido) and in summary form via slides as reference
i.e. all sources linked and live.
At final afternoon session participants present their climate/fuel
action plans, and commit to a date for a follow-up by trainer to
collect signed copy of action plan, usually within 2 weeks.
• Commit to date for signature (they will have prepared for this
before final workshop)
• Agree/sign-up to funding e.g. FTAI Green Standard fuel bonus
• Agree next steps for collaboration if any across the group/
Who should attend?
• The individual nominated by the company must be a fulltime employee whose attendance and time allocation is
supported by the CEO or CFO (a co-signature will be sought
• The individual can be a professional driver, transport planner
sustainability or fuel manager.
Learning outcomes by workshop originally over 3 hours x 5, now laid out as 2 x 7hr days in person, each section ends with an open chat.
• The company must have a Road Transport operator Licence
(RTOL), or be a Bronze/Silver/Gold member of FTAI’s
accreditation schemes (TruckSafe, VanSafe, PassengerSafe).
• Each participant will receive a certificate of completion
• Each company will receive a certificate upon receipt of a
final action plan signed by CEO or equivalent e.g. Owner,
General Manager or CFO).
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
Value for money
significant savings for members on the price of our public courses.
on-site training eliminates the need for expenditure and time allowances for staff travel.
FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure standardized delivery across Ireland – crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting excellence.
Through an element of content control increases relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies, and the option to bespoke training to match your business objectives.
With our expert trainers using their wealth of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and requirements.