The First Aid Responder will possess the following general skills.
The ability to:
• Deal with life threatening or potentially life-threatening conditions in the pre-hospital environment until arrival of emergency medical services.
• Provide First Aid Response for conditions not thought to be life-threatening but are necessary to prevent further harm before the emergency medical services arrive.
• Provide pre-hospital First Aid Response in a wide range of environments including home and recreational settings.
• Display the requisite personal skills including composure, competence and self-confidence while understanding their limitations.
• Recognise and be able to cope with the additional challenges provided by ‘Special Circumstances’ for which additional training must be completed.