FTA Ireland continue to Lobby on key points such as rest in the cab; operator licencing for Van operators, change in Cabotage rules.
The Mobility Package contains the following proposals:
- Posting (ie. minimum wage) obligations
- A proposed revision of the Eurovignette Directive for road tolling, with proposals to move towards distance-based tolling rather than time-based systems and to introduce incentives for CO2 efficient vehicles.
- A recast of the Directive on the interoperability of electronic road toll systems, designed to increase interoperability and put an end to the need for multiple boxes in the cab.
- A revision of the Regulations on Access to Road Haulage Market, with changes to the rules regulating cabotage (going from 3 operations in 7 days to an unlimited number of operations in 5 days), and to the occupation of road transport undertaking (ie. Operator Licensing), with proposals focused on the van sector (including financial standing rules for vans)
- A revision of the Directive on the Use of Hired Goods Vehicles
- A revision of Directive 2006/22/EC on implementation of social legislation and proposals to streamline requirements on posting of workers (ie. minimum wage rules)
- A revision of Regulation (EC) No 561/2006 on driving and rest periods and of Regulation (EU) No 165/2014 on tachographs