Our ECO drive Training involves in-cab driver tuition aiming to help businesses reduce fuel and maintenance costs, reduce CO2 emissions and improve safety through enhanced driving techniques, and increased driver awareness, vehicle control and fuel economy.
Our ECO drive Training Programme will deliver :
- Improved driver performance in L/100km.
- Average fuel savings of 8%.
- Real and immediate bottom line savings €€€s.
- By simply reducing fuel consumption by 1,000 liters per year will save €1,100 and 2.6 tones of carbon dioxide emissions (assuming a price of €1.10 per liter, ex VAT).
- Fuel Efficient Drivers = Safer Drivers = Good Risk Management.
- Counteract the cost of rising fuel prices.
- Reduce running costs and emissions.
- Improve profit margins.
Topic 1: Driver responsibilities – driver and vehicle license checking.
Topic 2: Basic principles of fuel consumption and driver safety.
Topic 3: An overall awareness of fuel economy and road layout.
Topic 4: Better use of gears (to avoid over-revving and unnecessary gear changes).
Topic 5: Keeping correct distances (to avoid hard braking).
Topic 6: Safe and fuel efficient driving techniques.
Topic 7: Vehicle checks and risks.
Topic 8: Vehicle familiarization and pre use inspections.
Topic 9: Correct coupling and uncoupling of articulated vehicles.
Topic 10: Practice maneuvering the vehicles onto loading bays or garages.
Topic 11: Assessment drive – identification of driver competences.
Topic 12: Review of key improvement areas.
Topic 13: Application of techniques and coaching for best performance.
Topic 14: Final feedback session and future action planning.
Who should attend?
- Drivers of any vehicle wishing to improve driving techniques and reduce vehicle running costs.
- Assessment drive – identification of driver competences. Review of key improvement areas.
- Application of techniques and coaching for best performance. Final feedback session and future action planning.
1 .5 hours per driver – maximum 3 drivers per day.
Maximum 3 driver per day.
A suitable vehicle must be provided to facilitate trainees. Ideally we would train 3 drivers per day i.e 1:1 in vehicle training for approx. One and a half hours each – drivers need to be taken off their normal route/duties for the training session.
- On completion of this course a certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
Value for money
significant savings for members on the price of our public courses.
on-site training eliminates the need for expenditure and time allowances for staff travel.
FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure standardized delivery across Ireland – crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting excellence.
through an element of content control increases relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies, and the option to bespoke training to match your business objectives.
with our expert trainers using their wealth of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and requirements.