This training is designed to equip participants with the information and instruction on how to drive their vehicle in a safe and fuel efficient manner through the optimum use of revolutions, better gear ratios and speed with the aim of reducing the running cost of the vehicle.
Fuel efficient drivers result in lower running costs, improved profit margins and reduced emissions.Safer drivers mean less injuries and fatalities on our roads, less accident damage to vehicles, less unproductive downtime for vehicle repair, the potential for reduced insurance premiums.
At the end of the training participants will:
• Be competent in assessing a driver’s standard
• Be competent in assessing and giving guidance to drivers
• Be competent at preparing and presenting briefings
• Understand the difference between assessing and training
• Be competent in providing professional training for areas of weakness identified during assessment.
• Driver responsibilities – driver and vehicle licence checking
–Basic principles of fuel consumption and driver safety
–An overall awareness of fuel economy and road layout
–Better use of gears (to avoid over-revving and unnecessary gear changes)
–Keeping correct distances (to avoid hard braking)
–Safe and fuel efficient driving techniques
–Vehicle checks and risks.
• Assessment drive – identification of driver competences.
• Review of key improvement areas
• Application of techniques and coaching for best performance
• Final feedback session and future action planning.
Who should attend?
Persons put forward by the company to become in-house driver assessors.
Measure skills of assessor to identify a driver’s strengths and weakness.
• Driver Training will result in the following savings.
–Benefits of our training program
• Profile of drivers driving competencies
• Documented driver training programme
• Certification of training
• Active management of driver training program
• Information crucial to the overall health and safety policies of the company
• Prospect of cheaper insurance
• Reduced instances of non-insured claims
• Increased protection of rolling stock
• Reduction of wear and tear of vehicles
• Fuel savings
• Brand integrity
• Better safer drivers
4 days for 1 participant.
5 days for 2 participants.
Maximum 2 people per course.
Course comprises both classroom and practical elements. Please ensure the following :
• Site clearance/access for trainer
• Training room for attendees
• The course will include a practical element – for this we require access to a truck each day of the training
• Participants should wear their normal PPE eg safety boots, hi-viz jacket, safety gloves etc.
Cost (per course/per person)
4 days for 1 participant = Cost €POA
days for 2 participants = Cost €POA
Successful participants will be provided with a starter toolkit for them to commence driver assessments and training. It is recommended this training is followed up with the Assessor Revalidation course within twelve months of completion to ensure the assessor is meeting the standards, is confident delivering the assessment and corrective training, and is updated on any relevant regulatory changes since initial training
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
• Value for money – significant savings for members on the price of our public courses.
• Convenience – on-site training eliminates the need for expenditure and time allowances for staff travel
.• Consistency – FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure standardised delivery across Ireland – crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting excellence
.• Flexibility – through an element of content control increases relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies, and the option to bespoke training to match your business objectives.
• High standards – with our expert trainers using their wealth of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and requirements.
Tel: 01 8447516/086 4133507
or email email@example.com