Road Safety Authority (Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness) Act 2012 & SI No 348 of 2013 (came into operationon the 10th of September 2013) make it obligatory for all drivers of Light Commercial Vehicles, HGVs and Coach and Bus to carry out a pre-use inspection of both the interior and exterior of the vehicle.This course ensures that drivers fully understand their responsibilities when carrying out walk around checks. It also helps participants to identify defects, to ensure operator compliance and prevent possible prohibitions.
This course ensures that drivers fully understand their responsibilities when carrying out walk around checks. It also helps participants to identify defects, to ensure operator compliance and prevent possible prohibitions and on-the spot fines.
This coure will cover the following.
• Legislation – what are the legal requirements?
• Explain why and how to conduct a walk around check on a vehicle.
• Ensuring vehicle performance is monitored throughout the working day.
• Highlighting potential defects and promptly reporting in writing.
• Exploring the procedure for carrying our checks.
• Identifying the components to be checked.
• Completing defect reports (samples of existing ones can be reviewed in advance of session).
• Explaining the powers of enforcement and the consequences of non-compliance.
Who should attend?
• Drivers and supervisors
• Those responsible for raising and maintaining transport compliance standards across a team of professional drivers
All participants will be expected to demonstrate their understanding by continuous assessment during the course.
Maximum 16 per course.
Please provide suitable training room and vehicle(s) for practical session.
On completion a certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
Price on application
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
• Value for money – significant savings for members on the price of our public courses.
• Convenience – on-site training eliminates the need for expenditure and time allowances for staff travel
.• Consistency – FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure standardised delivery across Ireland – crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting excellence
.• Flexibility – through an element of content control increases relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies, and the option to bespoke training to match your business objectives.
• High standards – with our expert trainers using their wealth of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and requirements.
Tel: 01 8447516/086 4133507
or email firstname.lastname@example.org