As and from 10 September 2013 all professional bus drivers must carry a Driver CPC card, and from the 10th September 2014 all professional truck drivers must carry a Driver CPC card. Note that from the dates above, it is illegal to drive professionally without a Driver CPC card.
The Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) is a qualification for professional bus, coach and truck drivers. It has been introduced across Europe with the aim of improving road safety and helping to maintain high standards of driving. Under European Union Directive, professional bus, coach and truck drivers need to hold a Driver CPC in addition to a vocational driving license. Any drivers of Trucks over 3.5 tones and minibuses with 9 seats or more must obtain a Driver CPC.
There are six training modules in total, each lasting seven hours, with additional reading material to cover specific areas.
Topic 1: Control of Vehicle and Eco Driving Techniques.
Topic 2: Minimizing Risk and Managing Emergencies in the Transport industries.
Topic 3: Health and Safety of the Modern Driver.
Topic 4: The Role of the Professional Driver in the Transport Industries.
Topic 5: The Role of the Professional Truck Driver.
Topic 6: The Role of the Professional Bus driver.
Who should attend?
- As part of the Driver CPC qualification, both existing and new professional drivers of buses and trucks must undergo 35 hours of specialized training over a five-year time span.
Attendance for 7 hours with drivers completing assessments after each section.
1 day per module per year.
Maximum 16 per course.
Professional Driver License and PPSN number.
- On completion of this course a receipt of attendance will be issued to all participants. All training records are uploaded to the Road safety Authority.
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
Value for money
significant savings for members on the price of our public courses.
on-site training eliminates the need for expenditure and time allowances for staff travel.
FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure standardized delivery across Ireland – crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting excellence.
Through an element of content control increases relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies, and the option to bespoke training to match your business objectives.
With our expert trainers using their wealth of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and requirements.
Choose FTA Ireland as Your Driver CPC Training Provider
• All CPC modules available.
• Courses run weekdays and weekends throughout the year.
• All training delivered by expert trainers using their wealth of experience from the transport and logistics sector.
• All training records managed and stored securely.
• Multi-media delivery and course manual for every module
.• Fully accessible training facilities.
See our training schedule at www.ftai.ie.
Training centres in the following locations: