What is a driver and tachograph systems audit?
Our audit provides you with authoritative and comprehensive checks on the systems you have in place to deal with driver management, drivers’ hours compliance and working time regulations. Whether you are running analogue, digital or mixed fleets, the audits can be tailored to suit your individual business requirements and detailed reports will be produced to show the efficiency and compliance of your systems and procedures.
How does the audit work?
FTA Ireland’s experienced compliance advisors carry out checks that follow the same structure as those carried out by RSA, therefore ensuring maximum compliance with the latest regulations.
A typical audit covers:
- Checks on tachograph chart issue, return and storage
- Checks on driver card and vehicle unit data downloading
- Evidence of inspection and calibration planning
- Checks that chart analysis systems are in place
- Checks for adequate systems to deal with errors and infringements
- Driver licence checks
- A review of driver training systems
- Systems to monitor agency drivers
- Expert on-site recommendations
- Driver CPC system checks
- Ensuring compliance across your systems
- Audits covering more than just your tachograph systems are also available, carried out by our trained advisors and vehicle engineers. Reports are then combined with your tachograph audit and are presented as one document.
These audits could cover:
- Driver management systems
- Vehicle maintenance systems
- Mechanical handling equipment systems