This course is designed for people working in the logistics and transport sectors who wish to update their customs knowledge in light of the dangers posed by Brexit. The course will bring participants through the most important issues and tangible effects of Brexit of their transport operation and will conclude with an FTA Ireland Brexit preparedness guide. The course will showcase the important role played by transport operators in the logistics and supply chain sector and demonstrate the importance of being Brexit-ready in order to remain competitive.
FTAI TRAINING COURSES
Post Brexit Trade Requirements – Guidance for Haulage Operators
Participants on the course will learn about customs in a holistic manner in order to understand and appreciate the various customs stakeholder’s motivations and to be better placed to have a strong working relationship with customs officers and other relevant government agencies, eg Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine, resulting in more efficient operations and satisfied customers.
- Equip participants with the tangible skills, knowledge and confidence to undertake a sustainable working relationship with the Office of the Revenue Commissioners.
- Assess the potential consequences of Brexit on Irish haulage operators.
- Help participants up-skill with the necessary expertise to meet the challenges of a constantly changing industry.
- Encourage deeper appreciation of the role and potential of the transport function in an international supply chain.
- Appreciate the influencers and enablers of best practice in the freight transport sector with special regard to customs and revenue requirements.
- Analyse the role of the transport chain as a tool for firms to realize competitive advantage in an increasingly competitive global marketplace.
- Develop a keen understanding of the role and importance of the transport function in the new trading environment.
- Examine the possibilities derived from resilient and integrated supply chains for Irish traders.
- Assess the potential market opportunities resulting from Brexit.
Topic 1: Transport and supply chain management.
Topic 2: The transport provider in the post-Brexit trading environment.
Topic 3: Transport and supply chain resilience.
Topic 4: The role and value of customs.
Topic 5: National and International trading relationships and agreements.
Topic 6: Customs laws and procedures.
Topic 7: Customs documentation (primary and supporting).
Topic 8: Harmonised commodity description and coding systems (classification and use).
Topic 9: Risk management, profiling and mitigation.
Topic 10: Incoterms.
Topic 11: AEO process and benefits.
Topic 12: Trade of live animals and products.
Topic 13: Company customs/Brexit preparedness reflection.
Who should attend?
- All administration staff dealing with import, export and shipping transactions.
- Transport, logistics, shipping and supply chain managers.
- Finance, procurement, compliance and export sales managers.
All participants will be expected to demonstrate their understanding by continuous assessment during the course.
3.5 hour online course.
Online via Zoom
Maximum 16 per course.
A knowledge of supply chain.
- On completion of this course a certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
- Participants will also have access to FTA Ireland knowledge and expertise post course to ensure maximum results are achieved.
Price on application
This training is delivered through the CILT Skillnet where you can avail of subsidized rates – for more information and bookings: Call 01 8447516, email firstname.lastname@example.org or book your place at https://www.ciltskillnet.ie/training
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
Value for money
significant savings for members on the price of our public courses.
on-site training eliminates the need for expenditure and time allowances for staff travel
FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure standardised delivery across Ireland – crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting excellence
through an element of content control increases relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies, and the option to bespoke training to match your business objectives.
with our expert trainers using their wealth of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and requirements.