Are you currently exporting or importing to the UK? Do your vehicles transit the UK landbridge – are you concerned about possible delays? Have you been tasked to plan for Brexit and provide Customs systems for your company?
Freight Transport Association Ireland have developed this practical training program to help Transport Operators understand the Customs process. This program will give clear guidance from our Customs procedures and documentation expert for operating in a post-Brexit scenario.
Participants will have a full and complete understanding of the process for making import and export declarations with sufficient knowledge to identify the requirements of their business in preparing to meet Customs requirements in a compliant and knowledgeable process. Equally, each attendee will have the contact details for our subject matter expert for any Customs queries they have after the course.
• Overview of Customs procedures
• Union Customs Code• Customs Automatic Entry Processing System
• Communicating with Customs, current Software availability and costs
• Customs Brokerage
• Information and documents required to make a declaration
• Commodity codes, their origin and use with practical examples
• Step by step guide to creating export entries
• Responsibilities of the parties in the supply chain ie shipper, carrier, shipping/airlines, receivers of goods
• The importance of INCO terms in Customs declarations.
• Importing goods
• Customs simplifications
• Customs Warehouse
• Deferred Payment facilities
• Authorised Consignee
• AEO (Authorised Economic Operator)
• Information resources: TARIC, Revenue website, EU website
• Duty and VAT calculations case studies
• Preferential duties
• VAT on imports
• Step by step guide to creating an import entry
• Questions and answers.
Who should attend?
• All administration staff dealing with import, export and shipping transactions
• Transport Managers
• Logistics, Shipping and Supply Chain Managers
• Finance, Procurement, Compliance and Export Sales Managers.
All participants will be expected to demonstrate their understanding by continuous assessment during the course.
2 sessions of 3 hours per session.
10 participants per class.
A knowledge of Supply Chain.
On completion of this course a certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
Price on application
Tel: 01 8447516/086 4133507
or email email@example.com