The course will raise the awareness of the dangers caused when reversing and provide candidates with theoretical and practical knowledge, techniques and hand signals required to assist drivers when manoeuvring their vehicle. It is suitable for all professional drivers and any person responsible for assisting them in manoeuvring their vehicles.
On completion of the course participants will be :
• aware of employer/employee responsibilities;
• able to identify the hazards and risks of being a Banksman;
• able to identify potential danger areas at your site(s);
• able to demonstrate the standardised hand signals required for communicating with drivers;
• able to demonstrate safe standing positions when assisting drivers;
• familiar with the appropriate PPE to be used.
• Health and safety legislation.
• Safety precautions and procedures.
• Banksman/operator responsibility.
• Personal Safety and PPE.
• Hazard identification and risk assessment.
• Principles of Standardised Hand Signals and safe standing Ppositions.
• Reversing of vehicles in confined spaces.
• Practical session to demonstrate correct hand signals, safe standing positions for assisting a driver when a driver is manoeuvring his vehicle.
Who should attend?
All employees assigned to assist drivers in reversing vehicles.
Attendees will be tested on techniques and hand signals that assist drivers in reversing vehicles.
4 hours (1 .5 hours classroom; 2.5 hours practical).
Maximum 4 per course (Maximum trainer/trainee ratio is 1:4).
Vehicle and secure area to be provided for the practical part of the training. All attendees should have the appropriate PPE.
On completion of this course a certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
Price on application
Why choose FTA Ireland in-company training?
• Value for money – significant savings for members on the price of our public courses.
• Convenience – on-site training eliminates the need for expenditure and time allowances for staff travel
• Consistency – FTA Ireland’s Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure standardised delivery across Ireland – crucial for evaluating training effectiveness and promoting excellence
• Flexibility – through an element of content control increases relevancy and alignment with your systems and policies, and the option to bespoke training to match your business objectives.
• High standards – with our expert trainers using their wealth of experience to tailor courses to your company needs and requirements.
Tel: 01 8447516/086 4133507
or email email@example.com